Want to help manage a 100% student-run business at Tufts, promote sustainability, learn bike repair, and make new friends? Come to our spring GIM. We can use your help, and absolutely no experience is necessary!
Sunday, 1/28 at 1:00pm in campus center rm. 219
Want to help promote bike culture at Tufts?! As always, we’re looking for more students to join our team. Fix bikes, plan events, and learn what it takes to manage a complex, entirely student-run organization! No experience is necessary – just enthusiasm. To get involved, just shoot us an email: email@example.com
We are now officially closed for winter. Our bikes are safely in storage, and our weekly mechanic hours have ceased. We plan to re-open in the Spring, as soon as the weather allows (after the snow has mostly passed). In the meantime, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or feedback!
Want to join our team for next semester? Shoot us an email – we’re always looking for new members!!!
Fall 2017 Semester Accomplishments
- Successfully revived the dormant bikeshare program!
- Rented out our 24 bikes hundreds of times throughout the semester
- Maintained bikeshare bikes at least monthly, or more often as needed.
- Offered free repairs to 55+ student bikes, valued at over $1,800!
- Gave out free bike parts to students as necessary, for the first time ever
- Led two public rides for the Tufts community
- Offered a comprehensive 8-session mechanic training program for our volunteers
- Staffed the campus bike shop for 6 hours per week
- Fielded 50+ message inquiries from students and faculty
- Upgraded our repair shop to make it more usable
We will be closing the bikeshare and repair shop for winter on Sunday, 12/10. Make sure to come by for repairs before then!!
We will not be holding mechanic hours over Thanksgiving break, 11/24 – 11/26. Cheers.
Our Mech Hours for the semester have been finalized! Thanks to our awesome team of student mechanics, the shop will be open regularly to serve your biking needs:
Visit us at 28 Sawyer to get repair help, learn skills, or make new friends! Interested in joining our repair team? Shoot us an email at email@example.com to get involved.
Tufts Bikes is proud to co-host…
The Environment America Panel Discussion on 100% renewables
– With State Senator Patricia Jehlen
Are you interested in renewable energy and how college campuses can adopt clean power? Come stop by Eaton 202 on October 5th from 6-7pm for a panel discussion about renewable energy at Tufts, featuring State Senator Patricia Jehlen!
Environment America is a national, citizen-funded environmental advocacy organization. Hosted by Tufts Climate Action, Tufts Progressive Alliance and Tufts Bikes, we’ll be releasing a series of of 10 fact sheets outlining strategies for universities like Tufts to move towards 100% renewable energy by 2050.
We invite you to attend this discussion for thoughtful dialogue about renewables and to see how you can get involved on campus to help achieve this goal. This is a public event open to all staff and students. We hope to see you there!