For the remainder of Spring 2018, we will be open:
Come by 28 Sawyer for free repairs!
As of 3/10/2018, we have 24 bikes up and running, available for checkout from the library. We even tuned them up, just for you.
Have you always wanted to learn some bike repair skills, but never knew where to start? Check out our free public workshop series open to all students, on Fridays at 2:30 pm, on the Campus Center Upper Patio. We will be covering different topics every week, but our mechanics are happy to answer questions about anything bike-related! (BYOB optional)
Beginning Feb. 3rd, 2018, we will be open for repairs on Saturdays, from 10:30 – 11:00am, at 28 Sawyer Ave. Make sure to arrive before 11… our mechanics will leave if nobody shows up by then.
Want to help manage a 100% student-run business at Tufts, promote sustainability, learn bike repair, and make new friends? Come to our spring GIM. We can use your help, and absolutely no experience is necessary!
Sunday, 1/28 at 1:00pm in campus center rm. 219
Want to help promote bike culture at Tufts?! As always, we’re looking for more students to join our team. Fix bikes, plan events, and learn what it takes to manage a complex, entirely student-run organization! No experience is necessary – just enthusiasm. To get involved, just shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are now officially closed for winter. Our bikes are safely in storage, and our weekly mechanic hours have ceased. We plan to re-open in the Spring, as soon as the weather allows (after the snow has mostly passed). In the meantime, feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions or feedback!
Want to join our team for next semester? Shoot us an email – we’re always looking for new members!!!
Fall 2017 Semester Accomplishments
- Successfully revived the dormant bikeshare program!
- Rented out our 24 bikes hundreds of times throughout the semester
- Maintained bikeshare bikes at least monthly, or more often as needed.
- Offered free repairs to 55+ student bikes, valued at over $1,800!
- Gave out free bike parts to students as necessary, for the first time ever
- Led two public rides for the Tufts community
- Offered a comprehensive 8-session mechanic training program for our volunteers
- Staffed the campus bike shop for 6 hours per week
- Fielded 50+ message inquiries from students and faculty
- Upgraded our repair shop to make it more usable