Rules for Use of Tufts Bikes:
- You must be 18 or older
- You must be a student, staff or faculty member to check out a bike
- You must ride on pavement
- You must wear a helmet (provided upon checkout)
- You must use lights at night
- You must have signed a waiver (Please read entire waiver here: http://goo.gl/KDFHx)
Check Out Procedure:
1. Check the Tisch Library website at http://bit.ly/gSHBBe for how many bikes are available.
2. Go to library circulation desk and ask for a bike.
3. Read and sign a waiver.
4. Library staff will give you a bike key and helmet.
3. Go to the assigned bike rack. Bikes 1-16 are on the library patio, bikes 17-30 are on the Campus Center patio.
4. Complete pre-ride bike check (see below). If any damage to bike, return to library and fill out a damage report form.
4. Unlock bike and ride wherever you want for up to 8 hours (if the library closes during your 8 hours you have one hour after the library opens in the morning to return the bike).
5. Lock up bike in rack space that corresponds to the bike number.
6. Return key to library. (Do not put the key in the book drop box)
Pre-Ride Bike Check:
1. Are your tires pumped up? If they seem soft, pump them up using the pump at the campus center patio.
2. Do the brakes work?
3. Check wheels for damaged or broken spokes
4. Does the seat height fit? If not then adjust it.
5. Do the wheels spin freely?
6. Riding at night? Be sure to turn your lights on
7. Scan all other components for obvious damages
8. If necessary fill out damage report at circulation desk
9. Always lock your bike! Pass U-lock through a sturdy part of the frame and around an immovable bike rack, signpost, etc.
10. Return keys inside library (not the book drop)
** Check out our new fix-it stand on the Campus Center patio to adjust your bike yourself!
Read the waiver here: http://goo.gl/KDFHx Carefully read the waiver before signing it!